When you become a Head Coach or a Teacher Coach with the Science Coach program, all of this becomes reality.
The goal of Science Coach is to ensure teachers are trained, supported, resourced, and energized to inspire future innovators. Much like a sports team, an experienced Head Coach works with a team of three to five Teacher Coaches who, in turn, coach groups of students to formulate questions and discover answers in a methodical way.
Science Coach is a proven professional development system that excites and empowers teams of 6th – 12th grade STEM teachers to coach students through the process of completing advanced authentic research projects for entry into science fairs or other competitions. Science Coach is a flexible program that can be offered in public, private, or home schools in rural, urban, and suburban areas. Teachers can join a team as an individual or with a committed team of colleagues. More information about how it all works can be found here.
As a Science Coach, you receive:
- Year-long, job-embedded professional development, and membership to a team with a competition winning Head Coach mentor.
- Yearly, weeklong virtual Intensive Summer Professional Development Training for Science Coaches.
- A $2,000 stipend for coaching students upon completion of required milestones. (Or extra duty/extra pay provided by the district for work conducted outside of the classroom)
- Project supply funds so students have what they need to complete high-level research.
- Advanced Innovation Methodology (AIM) – Playbook for HOW to teach advanced authentic research.
- AIM Teacher (Complete lessons)
- AIM Student (Self-Directed for remote students with teacher oversight)
- Engaged team of students.
- Two BSL 1 & 2 labs in the St. Louis area accessible by Coach and student.
- Insurance coverage for local lab usage by Coach and student.
- Equipment loan program.
- Graduate-level credit opportunity.
Have questions? The Science Coach program encourages them! Contact us here. Ready to Apply to become a Science Coach?